Alta White Teeth Whitening
Bella Labs Teeth Whitening
Idol White Teeth Whitening

Sunday, July 21, 2013

How do I remove a yellow mark on my tooth?

Question by Sakura: How do I remove a yellow mark on my tooth?
Since I was 8, that tooth was white but after a few months, a yellow mark appeared. Now that i'm 13 and planning to get braces, I really want to get it remove badly but i'm scared that it might cost a lot. I went to my regular dentist but when they tried removing it, nothing happened. Do I have to go to another dentist? I know some people who works at an Orthodontist and periodontist but can they help me?

By the way, it's not a normal yellow stain. It's...permanent!


Best answer:

Answer by Xiaoxiao
Really? I read your situation, I think the best you go to the hospital to check, is what causes such a phenomenon occurs.



Add your own answer in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Your orthodontist should be able to advise you about the stain, because orthodontists are trained first as general dentists. The orthodontist probably will not do the treatment, but it is the place to start.

    However, to give you some ideas, there are a couple of possibilities here. If the stain is only in the top layer of the tooth enamel, it may be possible to bleach it out with ordinary whiteners, either the kind you use yourself (like Crest 3D White Strips) or the kind that the dentist can apply, which are more expensive but also more effective.

    If the stain is really deep, you may need bonding, where the dentist puts an entire coating on the tooth. A lot of movie stars use that process to get their amazing teeth. It's quite costly, but it will certainly take care of the problem.

    Anyway, you need to discuss your options with the dentist. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete